Hands up if Winter is getting the better of you? I sure think that it might be of me. Around this time every year I can get a bit moody. I find myself not getting a lot of sunlight and craving comfort. Can anyone else relate?
The little things always make a difference. I want to be cosy, warm and relaxed – so here is my top 14 tips to feel a bit cosier in Winter.
- Find a thick oversized woolen jumper and cozy into it
- Light a scented candle (I like Diptyque Feu de Bois – don’t look at the price)
- Stay in bed for breakfast and eat dinner in bed at night (take laptop to bed to complete the effect)
- Make a hot water bottle
- Layer tights, dress, tops and cardigans
- Give more hugs (equally, demand more hugs)
- Buy some new gloves
- Wear a woolly scarf
- Eat spicy food like southern soul food, Thai and Bircher Muesli with Ginger grated into it (anything with ginger is a good idea – see my boyfriend)
- Make a pot of Libertine Tea
- Jump around the house in a blanket/sleeping bag
- Shut all doors, windows etc and try and keep the heat in a room
- Exercise to get your heart pumping, even if it is just walking the dog – I personally like Hot Yoga
- Wear your socks over your tights – this also solves the problem when you get holes in the toes of perfectly good tights.
I hope these ideas make you feel toasty! Hang in there until Spring y'all! Buy these yum teas from Libertine Teas Photo of me above, credit to Dinosaur Toast
If you want more cool stories about Wellington and exclusive snapshots of life in the city, subscribe to the blog (above), follow onYouTube, Instagram, Twitter and add me on Snapchat (residents_welly).